2019 Submission are open!
I put things up a few hours early (I need the sleep!). So now you reap the benefits.
Submissions are open until the end of Oct. 12th
- Each entry may not exceed 200 words. Judges will use the Site Wordcounter. Anything above 200 words will be immediately disqualified. The title, author name, and so on, will NOT count towards that limit.
- Entries will be submitted entirely in plaintext. More details about text requirements can be found on the Wordcounter page.
- Each participant may submit one entry. Entries cannot be corrected or changed once they are submitted. If you submit multiple entries only your first entry will be accepted. So make sure to double and triple check everything before you submit.
You can view the entries submitted so far on this page, updated daily.
The criteria that Readers and Judges will use to evaluate each entry. All entries submitted are deemed to be role-playing games, and they will be judged on the following merits:
- Actionable. The entry should contain enough description to play the game.
- New and Overlooked Stories. The entry should encourage its players to tell a new kind of story, a story that has often been overlooked, or a familiar story from a new perspective.
- Engaging. The game should inspire the reader with ideas and questions. It should make the reader want to play this game as soon as possible.
This year we have a wide array of prizes to offer to the Finalists and Winners including professional layout for the winners and top-quality RPGs and supplements. Check them out here.
Good luck everyone! Please share the challenge with anyone who might be interested.